Management Science and Engineering Graduate Certificate
View lectures online live, broadcast from the classroom, or on demand.
Participate in weekly lectures and assignments alongside Stanford residential students.
Complete 4 courses in the program to earn a Graduate certificate
The Management Science and Engineering Graduate Program gives you a strong foundation for a strategic decision-making mindset at the crossroads of policy, management, and technology.
The courses in the program focus on mathematical models and engineering case studies to explore advanced modeling, optimization and decision analysis techniques. Elective courses allows you to explore topics such as ethical analysis, operations management, product management and dynamic systems.
- Develop analytical skills to be able to drive key business improvements.
- Take a deep dive into successful management practices and learn how to build effective systems and organizations.
- Gain insights into the social, political and economic impact of your work through theory and practical implementation.
Each course can be taken on its own. You'll earn 3-4 units of academic credit for every course completed.
Begin your certificate in any academic quarter a course is offered. To earn the certificate, you must:
- Complete 4 courses in the certificate program
- Maintain a B average (GPA of 3.0) or better
Who Should Enroll
Professionals from all industries and function areas who gain to the knowledge and skills to be a successful technical leader.
Applicants must have at least one year of college level calculus, as well as a Bachelor's degree with an average GPA of 3.0 or higher.